Gaining Actionable Insights For Your Charity
October 17, 2016
By John Gormaly
As an added benefit to the 2015 What Canadian Donors Want survey, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada Research Committee is releasing a user-friendly data template. This tool will assist fundraisers in further analyzing donor motivation, solicitation and giving decisions, as well as views and attitudes toward the charitable sector. This analysis and segmentation will allow you to tailor fundraising strategies designed for your donor base.
The new tool segments respondents by region, gender, age, income and likelihood to donate in the next 12 months, as well as by the six donor motivation segments identified in the 2015 study.
This segmented approach will allow your team to identify overall tendencies and drill-down to uncover insights that are applicable and actionable-specific to your organization.
To start exploring the data simply open the file “AFP 2015 WCDW Data Template” and ensure macros are enabled:
1) Select desired segment from drop-down lists.
2) Expand sections to see results for each topic.
3) Index to understand how the segment compares to Canada (base of 100).
- 176 indicates that the segment is 76 percent more likely to respond this way
- 82 indicates that the segment is 18 percent less likely to respond this way