Individual Giving AssistantCompany: Storm King Art Center
Date Posted: February 21, 2018
About Storm King Art Center
Widely celebrated as one of the world’s leading sculpture parks, Storm King Art Center has welcomed visitors from across the globe for over fifty years. Located only one hour north of New York City, in the lower Hudson Valley, its 500 acres of rolling hills, woodlands, and fields of native grasses and wildflowers provide the setting for a collection of more than 100 carefully sited sculptures created by some of the most acclaimed artists of our time.
For additional information, visit www.stormking.org.
About the Role
Storm King Art Center is seeking an Individual Giving Assistant to join its growing External Affairs department. This new position will report to the Individual Giving Manager, and will provide support to the Individual Giving team across all areas, including: major gifts, annual fund, Council Membership, and General Membership. This role will provide an excellent level of donor care and assist with the processing and acknowledgement of donations.
- Provide administrative support to all areas of Individual Giving and serve as the first point of contact for general inquiries to the team and a liaison for other areas of External Affairs
- Assist the Membership Manager in the creation and execution of the Membership program, including appeals, events, and member relations
- Enter and maintain data in the fundraising database in accordance to Storm King’s guidelines
- Assist with direct mail list management for annual fund appeals
- Gather information on visit briefings and request research profiles as needed
- Proofread and/or draft donor letters, reports and proposals
- Contribute to prospect and donor research activities
The role requires a detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and organized individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced museum environment where teamwork and flexibility are essential. This role will work collaboratively with colleagues from every department within Storm King to advance the organization’s development goals. Successful candidates will have enthusiasm for Storm King’s programming and mission, along with a personal interest and appreciation for visual art. Excellent administrative, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are critical. The position requires occasional support for evening and weekend events.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s degree and at least one year of experience in an external affairs/development department or non-profit operation
- Experience working in an arts or cultural institution, or nonprofit setting
- Working knowledge of fundraising databases or CRM systems (Altru or other Blackbaud database), and Microsoft Office programs, including MS 365, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship-building skills to navigate different personality types among internal and external stakeholders including VIP donors, artists, the senior management team & Board of Trustees
- Ability to work as part of a team and across departments with a willingness to be very hands-on in the performance of a variety of assigned tasks
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information; highly organized and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Strong orientation towards data and efficient systems, with ability to communicate their value to others
- Superior calendar and time management skills, with the capacity to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail in written and numerical work
- Flexibility to provide occasional support for evening and weekend events
- The capacity and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with donors, staff, and other constituencies is essential
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to work in a busy office environment, maneuver outdoors (in all weather conditions) on the 500-acre facility’s hills, grass, and gravel path ways
- Ability to travel locally and on occasion to NYC for meetings and special events
- Flexibility to work during weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional lifting, stooping, or bending
- Ability to lift 50lbs
This position is eligible for the full benefit package including a generous paid time off program, medical, dental, vision, 403(b), and more.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Individual Giving Assistant” in the subject. No phone calls please.
Storm King Art Center is dedicated to fostering a diverse workplace. Storm King Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit.
People who are of color, gender oppressed, LGBTQ, immigrants with work permission, and people of diverse social and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Storm King Art Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other related consideration.