Fund Development ManagerCompany: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh
Date Posted: December 19, 2016
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh
Fund Development Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh is a growing affiliate building between 7-10 homes a year in the City of Newburgh and is the most productive affiliate in the Hudson Valley. Our 17-year-old affiliate is working on its second neighborhood development and has a 5-year plan for developing 4 more.
The Fund Development Manager is a full-time position responsible for planning and managing all aspects of the affiliate’s development revenue generation. Specifically this staff person will focus on major gifts, house sponsorship, donor cultivation, annual fund development, annual fundraising breakfast, annual corporate sponsorship, grant writing, and planned giving. The Fund Development Manager maintains and administers the fund development plan and monitors the donor database.
- Identify, research, and cultivate prospective donors to ensure a diversified funding base
- Expand and manage the affiliate’s donor giving society
- Develop, implement, and maintain the donor recognition program to ensure appropriate acknowledgement of gifts and strong relationships with current and potential donors
- Execute follow-up face-to-face meetings, calling, mailing, and other activities related to building strong donor relationships and enhancing donor confidence in the organization
- Create, maintain, and implement a cultivation tracking system including cultivation tool worksheets
- Serve as a primary contact for donors
- Implement major gift program including identifying prospects and crafting individual, highly personalized cultivation plans.
- Staff Major Gifts Work Group
- Build and manage House Sponsorship program and Group Team Build days.
- Staff House Sponsorship Committees
- Plan and implement annual fund appeals
- Research funding priorities, guidelines, and application procedures for corporate, government, and foundation donors
- Write grant proposals, maintain grant records, submit grant reports and provide appropriate acknowledgement to donors
- Expand utilization of on-line fundraising efforts
- Develop and administer a planned giving program
- Manage special campaigns including but not limited to, capital campaigns
- Support the Executive Director, Board Members, and key volunteers in meeting with donors and asking for financial support
- Manage the Building Houses, Building Hope Breakfast
- Cultivate and manage annual sponsorship
- Support the hosting of donor cultivation events
Public Relations and Marketing
- Reach out to the general public and donors with the message about Habitat Newburgh’s mission
- Work with Communications & Marketing Manager to generate print and web-based publicity pieces and print/electronic asks as needed
- Coordinate production of affiliate information pieces, direct donor appeal pieces and other affiliate publicity as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to establish annual key performance indicators.
- Staff Development Committee
- Serve as staff liaison to Faith Relations Committee
- Oversee the work of the Development Assistant and ensure donor database is maintained and updated
- Create annual Resource Development Plan, including calendar and action plans
- Prepare and analyze monthly development reports and reconcile data with Finance Manager
- Formulate and manage the budget for development activities
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the current and emerging trends and best practices in fund development and the Hudson Valley philanthropic community
- Minimum 3-5 years non-profit fundraising experience with increasing levels of responsibility (Candidates with transferrable business skills will be considered)
- A bachelor’s degree required
- Proven track record in raising funds including individual, corporate, foundation and in-kind
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with major donors, business leaders, non-profit board members, committee volunteers, and others.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to express ideas verbally and in writing
- Excellent persuasive writing skills and strong proofreading and editing skills a must.
- Experience with a donor database required (eTapestry preferred)
- Competency in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with desktop publishing preferable
- Results-oriented with ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Strong organizational, analytical, planning, management and recordkeeping skills
- Experience in the effective management of volunteers.
- Ability to compile historical data and provide analysis to obtain critical information for planning, reporting and projections
- Knowledge and experience in the Hudson Valley philanthropic community is preferred
- Experience with Benevon Model of fundraising helpful
Skills and Experience
- Understands the Habitat for Humanity mission and has the desire to promote it
- Willing to meet directly with donors and donor prospects and make face-to-face requests for resources and financial support
- Values a team-oriented approach to decision making and problem solving
- Self-driven and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Conducts work in cooperation with volunteer committees and the Board
- Enjoys meeting new people and building relationships
- Demonstrates organizational and follow through skills
- Exhibits excellent time management and attention to detail
- Makes sound decisions and demonstrates good judgment
- Communicates effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and income levels
- Provides and receives feedback constructively
- Available and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends
The review process of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration please submit application with cover letter to email@example.com or fax to (845) 568-5632 by December 31. No phone calls please. This position is eligible for health insurance, vacation, and 10 holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.