Director of Grants and Sponsored ProgramsCompany: The Center for Discovery
Date Posted: December 12, 2016
The Center for Discovery is a premier specialty center for the treatment of individuals with significant disabilities, medical frailties and a growing number of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The Center is New York State’s leading provider of care to special populations and an international model of innovation for health and wellness. Each year, The Center serves over 1,200 children, adults, and families from across the region, offering a range of educational, clinical, social, recreational, and creative arts programs that transform lives.
Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs
The Center seeks a Director of Grants and Sponsored Programs to lead and significantly expand The Center's corporate and foundation fundraising program while also securing grant funding from government and other public sources. Reporting to the Media Studio in close cooperation with the Development Office, this position will assist in identifying, cultivating and securing gifts from institutional, corporate and foundation sources for The Center's priority programs.
The candidate will conduct research on new potential funding sources, manage application and reporting schedules, provide briefing notes for key meetings and develop a variety of high quality grant applications, proposals and written materials. The position will also be responsible for making senior staff aware of funding opportunities and, in coordination with a variety of program and department heads, taking primary responsibility for the development of successful grant applications. The successful candidate must have outstanding verbal and written communications skills, strong research skills, and a personal commitment to the work of The Center for Discovery.
- Cultivate and steward a portfolio of foundation, corporate and government grant prospects and donors for The Center for Discovery.
- Research new potential prospects for The Center for Discovery's priority programs, and identify new opportunities for foundation, corporate and public finding support through extensive prospect research and tracking RFP announcements.
- Work with senior program staff to ensure that high quality proposals and reports are submitted as required.
- Work as a member of the Development and Media Studio team supporting the full range of programs, including staffing and supporting special events and other institutional priorities and programs.
- Five years to ten years of development and grant writing experience.
- Bachelors degree required; advanced degree in preferred.
- Strong planning, organization, time management, communications, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to write high quality proposals, written materials, grants and reports and work effectively under deadline.
- Interest, understanding, and commitment to The Center's mission, goals, and programs while effectively representing the agency with the highest professional standards.
- Capacity to work easily, effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of people, build relationships, be diplomatic, and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the dynamics of a complex organization.
Please send confidential inquiries and résumés directly to the Media Studio via email: email@example.com