Development Coordinator of the DCC FoundationCompany: Dutchess Community College Foundation
Date Posted: August 10, 2016
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general maintenance of the development database to ensure database integrity through extensive data cleanup of constituent records, including data entry and identifying and resolving duplicate records.
- Process and input all donations and pledges in a timely and accurate manner.
- Produce donor acknowledgement letters in a timely fashion along with all forms of donor stewardship.
- Design queries, verify results, and effectively perform technical functions such as global updates and batch processing in Blackbaud CRM. Manage and manipulate data, including creation and administration of local databases for fundraising purposes, specifically using MS Work Suite.
- Reconcile data between the College Banner system and Blackbaud CRM, which includes exporting and importing degrees from the Student Information System into the Development Database.
- Proactively and independently identify sources of gift support (individuals, corporations, and foundations) utilizing a broad spectrum of sources (electronic searching methodologies, biographical sources, database sources, internet websites, public records, library and government sources, and social media) to ensure that there are sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated information to assess prospects’ financial capacity, philanthropic interests, giving propensity, and affinity to DCC.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure that newly identified prospects are presented and assigned to appropriate Foundation staff in a timely manner.
- Update prospect profiles and donor records as needed.
- Maintain and record information and news on prospects.
- Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, online database services, internet websites, library and government sources, social media and other external repositories of public information.
- Evaluate research results to develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and retention strategies.
- Provide reports and data reviews for prospect meetings and participate in the meetings to enhance discussion on prospect pipeline status, prospect segmentation, analytics and new prospects.
- Facilitate procedures for prospect identification, assignment, management, and tracking.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and College’s business office in the preparation of financial statements, donor account management and overall budgetary compliance including fiscal year end reporting, Foundation audit, 990 and the VSE report.
- Attend all Foundation board and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain and monitor compliance with scholarship and restricted fund terms and contractual obligations including management of payments to and from the scholarship and restricted funds.
- Review records and reports to ensure the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge information.
- Produce and analyze various reports and mailing lists as required for the office.
- Gather information and generate regular reports on fund progress to insure compliance with action plans and budget requirements.
- Maintain Net Community, Foundation’s Facebook page, website, and communications through multiple media methodologies as necessary.
- Assist at all DCC Foundation events, alumni events, and, when necessary, institutional events.
- Assists with the College’s scholarship ceremony as it pertains to the donors.
- Assist with the Foundation’s annual report and newsletter.
- Collaborate with SUNY committees as appropriate.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, and institutional assessment activities as required.
- Assume other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, business or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a fundraising office, particularly working in Raiser’s Edge; Banner a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal, financial, and organizational proficiency.
- Committed to the mission of Dutchess Community College and the DCC Foundation and student success.
- Ability to multitask. And detail oriented.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Development Coordinator in the subject line.
Alternative Submission Method: Mail/Fax
Office of Human Resources ManagementDutchess Community College 53 Pendell Road Poughkeepsie, New York 12601 Fax: (888) 617-1501
Located in the heart of New York’s beautiful mid-Hudson Valley (just 90 minutes north of New York City),Dutchess Community College is seeking individuals who are passionate about the community college experience and share our commitment to student success.
As part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country and a winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, Dutchess Community College is dedicated to nurturing communities, respecting individuality and embracing diversity. The College has twice earned the Poughkeepsie Journal’s Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).