Consulting Director, Event Staging & ManagementCompany: EW Group
Date Posted: July 22, 2016
CONSULTING DIRECTOR, EVENT STAGING & MANAGEMENT
Based in Westchester County, NY
Management Recruiters - Mid Hudson Valley is an executive search firm focused solely in serving the nonprofit sector. We have a national practice and the large majority of our placements are executive leadership and senior fundraising professionals.
Our client is EW Group (“EW” – www.ewgrp.net). Since opening in 1998, EW’s mission is to provide strategic planning, marketing and fundraising support to help promote their Nonprofit clients’ brands by creating and implementing unforgettable, inspiring and unparalleled event experiences. They have built a strong history in partnering with and serving cause-based charities, foundations, nonprofit and community organizations.
EW has retained us to recruit and place an experienced, skilled Consulting Director, Event Staging & Management (Director) with them.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, serve as project manager and primary liaison for designated EW clients. Responsibilities could include budgeting, timeline creation & management, sponsorships, public relations, training/managing staff, troubleshooting “day of” management and debrief. If appropriate, work closely with EW personnel on client services, operations, engagement and communications.
- Keep President & CEO updated on all client/project issues, developments, etc.
- Manage Engagement & Event Coordinator.
- Serve as Event Manager for assigned clients.
- Manage all of EW’s engagement activity including to client constituents, participants, donors and sponsors.
- Oversee recruitment, cultivation and customer service of past, present and potential client constituents via phone calls, email, social media, meetings, live chat, voice shot, etc.
- Ensure “day to day” customer service is up and running on a daily basis for each client engagement event especially regarding on line fundraising establishment, outreach, maximization and troubleshooting.
- Ensure that data is tracked for each client engagement event including weekly registration info & comparable data to past year(s).
- Research (keep EW relevant) and manage all On Line Fundraising Platform/Vendor relationships.
- Maximize any sponsor’s possible engagement promotion and involvement.
- Conceptualization, creation and/or management of an event or campaign’s:
- Infrastructure, including fundraising
- Promotional materials
- Fundraising Tools
- On Line Fundraising Platform
- Campaign Content (updated on all platforms/materials)
- Database management for all clients
- Tracking of appropriate data
- Social Media Plan
- Utilize and maximize social media platforms.
- Conduct appropriate trainings and webinars.
- When appropriate, create client plans, timelines, manuals, etc.
- Oversee the creation of all written content for EW and their clients including but not limited to websites, brochures, email blasts, press releases, scripts and letters.
- Manage new & updated content for EW website including post-event results/successes/photos, social media and possible blogging.
- Manage Engagement Coordinator’s outreach for client media sponsorships via Cision including to create/update proposals.
- Event Commitment (comp time offered for weekend work)
- Work at least 6-8 weekend events (Sat and/or Sun) within Tristate area per year.
- Travel to at least 6-10 events around the US for 2-3 days.
- EW Task Forces
- Work closely with President & CEO on EW’s marketing including website, social media and new business development.
- Work closely with engagement staff on “engagement best practices”.
- Provide weekly reports to all staff.
- Track all client hours by inputting into file on EW server.
- Attend webinars/seminars to ensure EW is staying relevant in engagement and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with demonstrable progressive experience in peer to peer non-profit event fundraising. The candidate should have specific experience and track record of success in:
- Recruiting and retaining mass market event fundraisers; most notably team captains.
- On line fundraising platforms ie. Blackbaud (Convio / Kintera), Sweet, FirstGiving.
- Fundraising CRMs i.e. Donor Perfect, Salesforce, Raisers Edge.
- Developing and implementing marketing campaigns for peer to peer to campaigns i.e. walks, bike tours, stair climbs, endurance events.
- Creating compelling, motivational content for emails, newsletters, promotional materials.
- Building corporate and personal relationships.
- Event management, especially outdoor, mass market events.
- Expanding and cultivating fundraising team and individual relationships year to year.
- Tracking and remembering top fundraisers over time.
- Social media platforms in terms of participation outreach and marketing of campaigns.
- Speaking in front of a crowd from the stage, in the boardroom or at a conference.
- Candidates should have the following skills, abilities, and/or qualifications:
- Extremely detailed orientated
- Very strong ability to multi task, exceptional time-management, with the ability to manage and meet tight deadlines.
- Fearless in making an ask.
- Outstanding attitude, team player, accountable, flexible
- PASSIONATE and wants to make a difference
- High sense of urgency
- Strategic thinking: ability to set priorities, balance short-term and long-term objectives and organize contacts to lay the basis for long-term relationships.
- Problem identifier…and solver.
- Manage budgets and contracts.
- Staff management and mentorship
- Impeccable follow-through
- Ability to work independently as well as collegially.
- Capable of carrying out some physical labor at events i.e. unpack truck, set up start line area, move barricades, etc.
This is a full-time salaried position based out of EW’s headquarters in Pelham, NY. EW offers a very competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
EW provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter (Word documents, please) to:
Owner / Manager
Management Recruiters – Mid Hudson Valley
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 845-227-3161