Mission Advancement AssistantCompany: Dominican Sisters of Sparkhill
Date Posted: July 6, 2016
Dominican Sisters of Sparkill
Mission Advancement Assistant
About the Dominican Sisters of Sparkill
The Dominican Sisters of Sparkill embrace Jesus' invitation to share in his mission. Committed to ministry for justice and reverence for all creation, Sparkill Dominicans live and minister throughout the United States and abroad in Pakistan. The Sisters’ ministries span a variety of fields: education, administration, health care, pastoral care and preaching, social services, senior housing and health, and advocacy for the poor and marginalized. The Dominican Sisters of Sparkill are responsible for founding and staffing numerous schools in the New York and St. Louis, Missouri metropolitan areas as well as in Pakistan. For additional information, please visit www.sparkill.org or find us on Facebook.
Reports to: Director of Mission Advancement
The Assistant serves as a key team member and an active participant in fundraising goals. In partnership with the Director, this position plays a key role in data management, gift processing, acknowledgements, direct marketing and special events. The successful candidate will work with the Director to support the implementation of a comprehensive fund development program, including but not limited to major and planned giving, special events, grant writing and direct mail. The Mission Advancement Office offers a warm, collegial, energetic environment devoted to the Mission of the Congregation.
- Manage the operation and integrity of the donor database;
- Process or supervise the processing of all donations (including credit cards);
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence;
- Strategize on segmenting for the direct mail program;
- Manage research of individuals for major gift potential, via a wealth screening;
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed;
- Supervise updates and correct database records;
- Perform preliminary research on prospective foundations for grant proposals;
- Coordinate production and mailing of appeal letters;
- Maintain guest lists for special events, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events (an occasional evening is required);
- Assist in the creation and mailing of a newsletter;
- Help with the production and distribution of an annual report;
- Track offices expenses and assist director in budget reconciliation; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Mission Advancement.
Preparation and Knowledge
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a fundraising office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database management experience – Eprisa preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Knowledge of contemporary Catholic Church and religious life.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant” in subject line. Salary and benefits are negotiable.