Advancement AssociateCompany: Darrow School
Date Posted: April 14, 2016
Darrow seeks a professional with a passion for the advancement and support of education and the stewardship of a special historic setting. We are looking for an Advancement Associate:
- Who has previous experience with database software programs
- Who is a team player and enjoys a dynamic workplace environment;
- Who values a collaborative, entrepreneurial approach to project design and management;
- Who is a creative design thinker, anticipates project requirements, and suggests workflows;
- Who has the ability to enter, extract, and aggregate data accurately and master new technology with ease
- Who has a healthy sense of humor, positive and respectful attitude, and optimistic approach to goal attainment;
- Who is strategic about reaching constituents effectively and efficiently;
- Who enjoys working with a diverse constituent base, e.g. alumni, students, families, and a wide range of staff;
- Who has excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Who is detail-oriented, well organized, and can manage time and meet deadlines.
PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage data in the Raisers’ Edge donor database including: constituent and prospect activity and demographic information, queries and exports for appeals and events, action assignments for staff, pledge, gift, and event fee entry and tracking;
- Work closely with Assistant Head of School and Advancement Team to coordinate the ongoing work of the Advancement Department;
- Attend all departmental meetings and collaborate with colleagues on projects that involve shared responsibilities. Serve as a scribe in select meetings involving Advancement;
- Maintain a variety of centralized department management tasks such as advancement calendars and records, telephone support, exercising discretion and confidentiality;
- Create and process regular donor and statistical reports for Head of School, Advancement Team, and Director of Finance;
- Assist with communications, including social media posting, other electronic media, and direct mail;
- Assist with compilation of materials for appeals, grants and proposals, donor visits, and events;
- Assist with staffing at events, including logistics, constituent interaction, registration, set up and clean up.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Raiser’s Edge Fundamentals or Professional Certification, and experience in one or more of the following areas: graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite), photography, multi-media presentation, copy writing/editing.
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Head of School for Advancement and External Relations
Darrow offers a generous benefit package that includes retirement, health, life and disability insurance plans, vacation, holiday and sick leave. Competitive salary and benefits. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Darrow School, Attn: Human Resources, 110 Darrow Rd, New Lebanon, NY 12125.
Darrow School, located on the New York State side of the Berkshires, offers a comprehensive college-preparatory curriculum featuring dynamic classroom instruction, project based learning, and environmental consciousness. Our mission is to serve students with a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities, building on each student’s individual talents and interests to inspire enduring confidence for success in college and life. Incorporated in 1932, Darrow School has produced thousands of accomplished alumni and has inspired many proud parents and forever friends who together create a community of support for the school. Darrow School inhabits and stewards a significant portion of the Mount Lebanon Shaker village, a unique natural and historical mountainside community that inspires both broad support for our core mission and diverse interest in programming hosted on the campus.