Development Database AssociateCompany: Mohonk Preserve
Date Posted: March 16, 2016
Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking a data entry specialist with analytical skills to fill the full time position of: Development/Database Associate
The Preserve is a dynamic organization with responsibility for managing over 8,500 acres of the northern Shawangunk Mountains in Ulster County, NY. The Preserve has four integrated programs – Conservation Science, Education, Land Stewardship, and Land Protection, and is a regional model for large-scale conservation. We have an annual budget of $3.6 million, 35 year-round staff, and over 350 volunteers. We also have a diverse support base of over 14,000 individual members and supporters.
We have a strong Development Department which includes Membership & Donations Services, Individual Giving, Volunteer Programs and Special Events. This position reports directly to the Director of Membership. We are seeking an energetic team player with a collaborative work style and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in data entry and database management. The essential responsibilities for the Development/Database Associate are daily data entry of memberships & gifts; updating records; letter processing; import & export of data; producing statistical/analytical reports and ad-hoc queries to improve fundraising efforts; ensuring data integrity; creating mailing lists for events.
The position requires:
- exceptional computer skills with a strong command of relational database & Microsoft Office applications;
- knowledge & experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience and working knowledge of Crystal Reports desired;
- experience in Membership Services and online membership & donations programs as well as an understanding of the importance of a strong member base to a non-profit organization;
- exemplary oral and written communication & people skills;
- strong planning & time management skills;
- Strong customer service skills required; some experience with Point of Sale software is preferred.
- There is significant desk work to this position; applicant must be able to sit for long periods.
The successful candidate will have a knowledge and appreciation of the mission of the Mohonk Preserve. Utilizing strong interpersonal skills the candidate will represent and promote the Preserve’s mission by providing superior customer service and helpful interaction with members and supporters. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Board members, donors, volunteers and the public; the ability to work independently and as a team member; and be successful in meeting deadlines.
Additional requirements include: Bachelor’s Degree; driver’s license; weekend and evening work; and the ability to manage multiple projects & clerical duties.
Excellent work environment with generous benefits including health, life, disability insurance, retirement plan, and access privileges to the lands of the Mohonk Preserve and the Mohonk Mountain House resort.
Salary: low $30s/year based on experience.
Applications will only be accepted via e-mail (Word 97 & above or Adobe PDF only).
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume by March 21 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
No phone calls please. Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer