Community Relations Specialist- TEMPORARYCompany: Abilities First, Inc.
Date Posted: March 14, 2016
The Community Relations Specialist TEMP will fulfill a portion of the responsibilities of the CRS. These responsibilities include organizing and executing all community initiatives and events, departmental database and fiscal processing, and acts as an interface between the organization and the community.
In addition to the operational aspects, the position will include development, maintenance, and enrichment of relationships with business partners, donors, sponsors, people receiving services and their families, and the general public. The position also acts a liaison between agency departments and people inquiring about service options.
Specific duties include:
- Engages in regular and ongoing interaction with partners, donors, sponsors, committee members, board, volunteers, people receiving services and their families, and members of the general public in order to establish, maintain and enrich relationships.
- Participates in organization of community events through creation of volunteer committees, planning of events, and development of sponsorships.
- Manages fundraising and outreach initiatives. This includes coordination of volunteers and committees, taking the lead in securing sponsorship, budget management, logistics, and event promotion.
- Serves as liaison with Finance Department to ensure accuracy of gift/donation records and deposits and reconciliation to initiative budgets.
Experience in development, event planning, public relations, marketing, or related field required. Also, experience with Fundraising software Raiser's Edge is required. This is a TEMPORARY position.
- See more at: https://regionalhelpwanted.com/hudson-valley/jobs-community-relations-specialist-temporary-abilities-first-inc-poughkeepsie-ny/120956491/#sthash.QLIbLzHn.abeJiNkX.dpuf