Development CoordinatorCompany: Rural and Migrant Ministry
Date Posted: February 1, 2016
“What I like about Rural & Migrant Ministry is that it is a gritty organization – rooted in the grass-roots, determined to have an impact, and when all is said in done – effective.” - An RMM Donor with a lot of resources!
“I can’t believe you achieve all that you achieve on such a limited budget” - a former Development Officer for another non-profit organization.
“What I like about Rural & Migrant Ministry’s events are that they are not the same old same old. There is a diversity of people who are committed to making a difference” - An attendee at RMM’s Annual Sowing Seeds of Justice Dinner.
Rural & Migrant Ministry, Inc. is not your usual non-profit organization.
We are a state-wide organization that involves farmworkers, people of faith, labor members, university students and professors, the young & old, from a wide array of cultural backgrounds in the quest for the creation of a just, rural New York State. We do this by:
- Nurturing leadership
- Standing with the disenfranchised, especially farmworkers and rural workers
- Changing unjust systems and structures
We have been making a difference in people’s lives across New York State for over 30 years. With a budget of over $1M, facilities from Long Island to Lake Ontario and a wide array of supporters, there is no lack of opportunity. You will find us equally at home in a farm camp or a NYC mid-town Board room.
If you are looking to be a part of an effort that is not the ‘same old, same old;’ if you want to spend time on Lake Ontario, the Catskills, Riverhead and New York City; if you want to help strengthen an organization that is effective and has a remarkable track record, and to be a part of a passionate, creative team – then come join us at Rural & Migrant Ministry! www.ruralmigrantministry.org
Working with a determined Development team that includes: the Executive Director, Managing Director, Board members, other staff members and volunteers, the Development Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and enhancement of donor development within the organization, and will coordinate the development and implementation of the yearly Strategic Plan. The Development Coordinator will be specifically responsible for the following:
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Development and Implementation of a yearly Strategic Plan for donor development.
At RMM, we believe that special events and communications are vital components of donor development, and are therefore a crucial part of the development and implementation of the strategic plan for donor development
- Donor relations (including: major gifts, campaigns, planned giving)
- Coordination of fundraising events within the organization
- Development and implementation of a strategic communications plan that tells ‘RMM’s Story.’
Grant Research and writing Qualifications Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in Development
- Experience in working with faith-based institutions
- Experience in managing a Program, as well as concurrent Projects
- Experience in Special Events Planning
- Experience in Grant Research and Grant Writing
- Experience in Networking
- Demonstrated interest and experience in Social Justice efforts Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A people person with strong written and verbal skills
- Commitment and Passion for Social Justice
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively in the midst of diversity, as well as to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, E-Tapestry and/or Raisers Edge and the Internet
- Public Relations and Communication skills
- Confidence and poise to work effectively with individuals of significant wealth, as well as those who are greatly disenfranchised.
- A driver’s license
- Ability to travel
This position is full-time and may be based in either the Hudson Valley or the NYC metro area, and will require regular travel to the main offices of RMM located in the Mid-Hudson region, as well as occasional travel across New York State in connection with donors and RMM’s programs. Salary commensurate with experience includes generous benefit package.
RMM’s Global Non-discrimination Policy provides that we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, pregnancy, covered veteran status, protected genetic information and/or political affiliation.
Please send Cover letter and Resume to:
Rural & Migrant Ministry, Inc.
P.O. Box 4757 Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
Att: Richard Witt
Email: Laura Lecour, Managing Director email@example.com