Membership AssistantCompany: The Garden Conservancy
Date Posted: December 30, 2015
Summary: The Garden Conservancy is a national nonprofit headquartered in the Hudson Valley of New York that works to save and share America’s outstanding gardens.
A key member of the development team, the Membership Assistant will be responsible for assisting the director of development and the associate director of membership with the design, creation, and implementation of all Garden Conservatory membership programs and related acquisition, renewal, and lapsed donor mailings and emails. This includes assisting with delivering benefits related to membership and helping with communications and donor recognition by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the Society of Fellows and general membership programs and coordinates acquisition, renewal, and lapsed donor mailings and emails; assists with the year-end campaign.
- Assists with all communications and materials needed for donor recognition at membership levels.
- Represents the organization by interacting with members over the phone, e-mail and in person to help explain and deliver membership benefits.
- Helps to coordinate membership activities with Open Days and Preservation Staff.
- Helps track results and run reports on success of membership mailings.
- Helps prepare materials for meetings and special events for Garden Conservancy members.
- Helps with all membership events logistics.
- Works closely with volunteers and board members in person, via email communications, and phone when necessary.
- Has flexibility to travel and to work occasional nights and weekends for membership events and general Garden Conservancy events.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities
- Customer service orientation skills
- Respect and discretion when dealing with confidential donor information
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excitement and passion for environmental causes and gardening
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and experience using Raiser’s Edge or a similar database.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) from four-year college or university; and one year related experience and/or training.
TO APPLY Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to
Mention “Membership Assistant” in the subject line.