Manager – The Longest Day & Special EventsCompany: Alzheimer's Association Hudson Valley Chapter
Date Posted: December 18, 2015
Position Description: The Alzheimer’s Association is the voluntary health agency dedicated to eliminating Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders through the advancement of research and to enhancing care and support services for all affected. The Manager of The Longest Day (TLD) & Special Events reports to the VP of Marketing & Development, and directs the Alzheimer's Association's second signature event, The Longest Day. S/he develops the Athletes to End Alzheimer's fundraising program and provides support where necessary to third-party events.
- Assists in the chapter’s attainment of its financial goals by directing and implementing the Alzheimer’s Association’s The Longest Day (TLD) fundraiser.
- Implements proven and successful Alzheimer's Association TLD tactics to reach goals.
- Recruits and works with volunteer committees, volunteers and participants to organize events that meet or exceed the chapter's fundraising goals, such as those for Athletes to End Alzheimer’s.
- Develops, grows and maintains a “junior” committee for fundraising and outreach.
- Provides support and customer service to teams and participants in TLD.
- Works with VP of Marketing & Development and the Development Team to achieve and meet the financial goals of the Marketing Strategy and the Chapter’s Strategic Plan.
- Regularly engages in community outreach in the seven-county Chapter territory, cultivates and makes promotional/sales calls to generate new donors, participants and volunteers. Maintains relationships with previous participants, donors and volunteers where possible.
- Ensures that volunteers are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful fundraisers such as Athletes to End Alzheimer’s, 3rd Party events, or junior committee projects. Recognizes, rewards, and motivates successful volunteers to ensure ongoing commitment.
- Coordinates with the Manager of Corporate Relations & Individual Giving on potential sponsor leads. Ensures appropriate collateral, promotional, and incentive materials are produced.
- Assists webmaster with social media messaging.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and Chapter Standards of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience working with volunteers. Prior related work experience, especially in sales, promotion or event fundraising.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills; ability to cold call, grow local business contacts and build effective business relationships to increase visibility, brand awareness, volunteers, and revenue.
- Ability to work independently on projects, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to coach, develop, and motivate volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel, and with social media.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
Other: This is a full-time, salaried position. It comes with a full range of benefits, including great colleagues and a happy and busy working environment. Working hours are normally 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., though events such as TLD may take place on weekends and other hours may vary occasionally according to program and service needs.
To apply: Interested candidates should e-mail letter of interest and résumé to email@example.com or mail to
Michele Muir, VP, Marketing & Development
Alzheimer’s Association - Hudson Valley Chapter
2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
To learn more about our agency, visit www.alz.org/hudsonvalley.
The Alzheimer’s Association is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and we’d love to hear from you.