Manager, Walk to End Alzheimer'sCompany: Alzheimer's Association
Date Posted: December 16, 2015
Position Description: The Alzheimer’s Association is the voluntary health agency dedicated to eliminating Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders through the advancement of research and to enhancing care and support services for all affected. The Walk Manager reports to the Walk Director and manages the Alzheimer's Association's signature event, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, in Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan and Orange Counties.
- Assists in the chapter’s attainment of its financial goals by directing and implementing the Alzheimer’s Association’s Dutchess/Ulster and Orange/Sullivan Walk to End Alzheimer’s fundraisers.
- Recruits and manages, with available assistance from the Director of Volunteer Services, volunteer committees and Walk team captains
- Implements best practices and adheres to event timeline for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s events, including kickoff and wrap-up activities, committee meetings, and meet and greet events that take place throughout Dutchess, Ulster, Orange and Sullivan Counties. .
- Attends volunteer fundraisers in Dutchess, Ulster, Orange and Sullivan Counties.
- Regularly engages in community outreach in Dutchess/Ulster/Orange/Sullivan Counties.
- Cultivates existing volunteers, new walkers and participants by regularly engaging in community outreach.
- Ensures that committee members in Dutchess/Ulster/Orange/Sullivan Counties are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events. Recognizes, rewards, and motivates successful volunteers to ensure ongoing commitment.
- Implements E-strategies with social media messaging.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and Chapter Standards of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior related work experience, preferably in event fundraising in a nonprofit setting, in sales, or working with volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills; ability to cold call, grow local business contacts and build effective business relationships to increase visibility, brand awareness, volunteers, and revenue.
- Ability to work independently on projects, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to coach, develop, and motivate volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel, and with social media.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
Other: This is a full-time, salaried position. It comes with a full range of benefits, including great colleagues and a happy and busy working environment. Working hours are flexible and regularly include weekend and evening events and meetings.
To apply: Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to
Karen Finnegan, Director, Walk to End Alzheimer's
Alzheimer’s Association - Hudson Valley Chapter
2 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 103
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
To learn more about our agency, visit www.alz.org/hudsonvalley.
The Alzheimer’s Association is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and we’d love to hear from you.