Membership AssociateCompany: Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
Date Posted: April 11, 2018
Reports to: Annual Fund and Membership Manager
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply (by clicking the apply button at the right on this page). A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes following:
- Two writing samples
- Provide evidence of expertise in social medial writing. Ideal samples will include 1 Facebook post and ad (i.e. copy, audience demographics and image), 2 Tweets, and 1 Linkedin post.
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
Omega is committed to building and strengthening a culture of philanthropy throughout campus-based and online experiences. The Omega membership program is a critical engagement experience in supporting this culture.
The Membership Associate plays an integral role in attracting, retaining and engaging Omega members. The Membership Associate will work closely with the Membership Team to execute the organization’s membership strategy and will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of membership activities online and in person. The Membership Associate will be responsible for initiating and coordinating membership communications, including content creation. Additionally, the Membership Associate will assist members, in person and online, with day-to-day needs, including facilitating member benefit usage. The associate, in partnership with other departments and with the direction of the Membership Manager, will also be responsible for managing and supporting the data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention including tracking and reporting, collecting, and analyzing current, new, and potential member information.
Since 1977, Omega has served as a gathering place for great thinkers, creative talent, spiritual teachers, and social visionaries. From nurturing early dialogues on the integration of modern medicine and natural healing to designing programs that connect science, spirituality, and creativity, Omega has grown into one of the largest and most trusted centers for lifelong learning today. As a nonprofit organization, Omega is committed to an integrated approach to personal growth and social change.
Located on 250 acres in the beautiful Hudson Valley, Omega welcomes more than 500 teachers and 23,000 people annually to its workshops, conferences, and retreats in Rhinebeck, New York and at adjunct locations. We are expanding access to online learning opportunities to serve a growing global community of 2 million unique visitors per year at eOmega.org.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision. Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Department if you need assistance completing any forms or participating in the application process at email@example.com.
Core Staff benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B plan, holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days. In addition, core staff enjoy use of campus property (lake/beach, sauna, tennis & basketball courts, the hiking trails and the sanctuary), can attend all optional classes that are offered to program participants as well as select over 1,500 specially designed classes that are offered only to the staff community. Core staff receive a complimentary catalog workshop as well as discounts on other catalog workshops, discounts in the Café, Omega Store, and Wellness Center. When campus is open, we are happy to extend complimentary lunch in the dining hall to staff when they are at work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Working with the Membership Team, the Development Department, and specifically the Annual Fund and Membership Manager, support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a comprehensive strategy designed to increase member engagement, resulting in the retention of existing members and the recruitment of new members.
- Oversee, and execute, as needed, regular print and electronic communications, such as email, related to a member’s status, renewal, etc.
- Assist the Annual Fund and Membership Manager in ongoing assessment and enhancement of member recruitment and retention plans, including the assessment of member engagement and satisfaction as it impacts membership retention.
- Oversee the logistics of carrying out membership benefits on campus and online by working across the organization with relevant departments. Examples include: ensuring that profit center discounts are accessible and that special on-campus events for members are coordinated and executed smoothly. Additionally, this person would help solve problems for members visiting campus.
- Gathering various sources of data to assess membership satisfaction and make recommendations for improvement in the overall program.
- Assist the Editorial Director and Strategic Communications team in the curation and editing of membership content, including articles, collections, and slideshows, and social content, including posts and tweets that contribute to the overall membership plan.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper or similar item, which weighs approximately 20 pounds. There will also be the regular expectation of visiting various locations across campus, requiring some degree of walking.
- This is a full-time position.
- The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule is likely to be amended for supporting select activities, including evening or weekend hours, particularly during the Omega season (currently May – October).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three plus years of exceptional digital content writing
- Interest in and passion for membership or community-building programs
- Excellent verbal communication skills; able to clearly present ideas and information
- Experience coordinating and managing content across multiple channels
- Project management experience that includes coordinating organizational stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing social media posts and/or ads for an organization
- Aptitude for requesting, synthesizing, and interpreting data.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
- Strong time management skills; diligent work ethic with a desire to expand skill set while consistently learning
10. Collaborative team player able to integrate with diverse internal groups
11. Ability to think quickly and prioritize appropriately
12. Ability to manage multiple projects, deliverables, and deadlines
13. Proactive, creative, and independent
14. Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
15. Awareness and understanding of trends and development in the holistic education field
16. Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
17. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, particularly Word and Excel and familiarity with at least one email management software program
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong understanding of how to make effective use of key social media sites that include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.