Director of Fund Raising and Special EventsCompany: Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc.
Date Posted: April 11, 2018
Job Description:Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties, Inc.is hiring a Director of Fund Raising and Special Events.
The Director of Fund Raising & Special Events, plans, coordinates, and manages Hospice’s Special Events including all annual events. The Director of Special Events also works directly with relevant Board, staff, and volunteers and committees related to specific fundraising activities. Hospice annual events include the Hospice Gala Ball the Hospice Golf Classic and the Hospice Tree of Life.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to :
- Coordination with the Director of Marketing & Development to promote all Fund Raising/Special Events with media and advertising in the effort to increase attendance at Events.
- Coordination of activities necessary for each fund raising event including mailings, meetings, creating budgets, cultivation of donors and finalizing all responsibilities pre and post event.
- Preparation of the annual NYS gaming license Application.
- Assist President & CEO with establishing budget projections for the annual budget.
- Grant writing
- Bachelor’s degree or at least three years work-related work experience with a successful track record in fundraising.
- Ability to learn and use E tapestry Fund Donor Program
- Ability to travel throughout service area (Orange, Sullivan and Ulster Counties)
- Knowledge of data collection, compilation, and analysis for strategic and financial decision making;
- Well organized, flexible, good follow-through and excellent attention to detail;
- Word processing proficiency, database management (Excel and Access), and basic office skills;
- Possess positive telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work with others and independently, with good judgment, self-esteem, creativity, and common sense;
- Demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing all job responsibilities
- Clean, acceptable driving record
- Reliable transportation
If interested, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 6, 2018