Community Relations and Marketing AssociateCompany: The Art Effect
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Community Relations and Marketing Associate
Poughkeepsie, New York
THE ART EFFECT
The Art Effect was created from a year-long merger process of two long-standing arts education and youth development agencies in Poughkeepsie, NY: Mill Street Loft and Spark Media Project. The Art Effect, now fully merged, is a community-based, multi-arts educational center offering a wide range of creative, educational, and culturally-enriching programs to diverse audiences throughout the Hudson Valley.
This is a full-time position offering health insurance benefits, 401K, paid vacation, and other employee benefits. The position reports to the Director of Development.
The Art Effect’s Community Relations and Marketing Associate will contribute to a cutting-edge creative organization whose projects and campaigns make a positive impact in our community. This position is responsible for promoting and supporting The Art Effect’s events and programs. The successful candidate will develop and coordinate the agency's print and media communication materials: crafting and following up on press releases; managing website content, marketing and donor fundraising campaigns, and social media messaging; and directing and reviewing collateral materials. The Community Relations and Marketing Associate will work closely with The Art Effect’s Director of Development and Fundraising Committee.
The position requires an exceptionally organized individual capable of juggling multiple high-priority projects. Strong writing/editing skills and attention to detail are essential. As a member of The Art Effect team, the Community Relations and Marketing Associate will work across several departments, and with program managers and constituents impacted by our work to help develop print and web-based material. This position also requires a deep and intuitive understanding of the latest social media tools, platforms and trends, and experience with web content development, brand management, and project management.
- Project Coordination: Coordinate all marketing and advertising from inception to delivery, and liaise with Art Director/Web Developer to ensure materials align with The Art Effect’s branding guidelines.
- Writing: Draft and edit content for a wide range of communication deliverables, including press releases, social media posts, web content, reports, proposals and presentations.
- Media Relations: Assist with developing media strategies, drafting responses to media inquiries, and pitching and placing content with publishers and bloggers. Develop and manage relationships with media contacts.
- Development Assistance: Work with Director of Development to market and recruit new business sponsors, donors, and community partners.
- Events: Provide planning, coordination, communications and marketing for workshops, ribbon cuttings, screenings, fundraising parties, and other stakeholder meetings and events.
- Audience/Client Development: Design creative strategies to increase audience base and engage alumni, community partners, and clients in project activities, events, and The Art Effect’s production department, Forge Media.
- Community Events: Research and attend community events, meetings, and tabling events, and work with The Art Effect staff to schedule participation as appropriate.
- Intern Management: Manage intern recruitment, orientation, and scheduling.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum three years professional experience in communications, marketing and/or public relations. Non-profit experience is highly desirable;
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Google software and Constant Contact; Donor Perfect a plus;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to manage tasks independently and also carry out projects as a productive member of multiple staff teams;
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environment;
- Relevant media relationships, and proven track record of positive press placements a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Learn more about us at FeelTheArtEffect.org.