DEVELOPMENT OFFICERCompany: Sunrise Association
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Remotely Based – Working Primarily in the Lower & Middle Hudson Valley Areas
Management Recruiters - Mid Hudson Valley is an executive search firm focused solely in serving the nonprofit sector. We have a national practice and the large majority of our placements are executive leadership and senior fundraising professionals.
Our client is the Sunrise Association (Sunrise – http://www.sunriseassociation.org).
The mission of the Sunrise Association is to bring back the joys of childhood to children with cancer and their siblings, through the creation of Sunrise Day Camps, year-round programs and in-hospital recreational activities, all offered free of charge. Currently the Sunrise Association oversees 7 day camps in New York, Baltimore and Israel, is affiliated with 30 pediatric oncology hospitals in the catchment areas of their camps, and oversees myriad year-round programs both in and outside of their hospital network. In 2017 the Sunrise Association cared for nearly 4,000 children between their camps and year-round programs.
Sunrise has engaged us to recruit and place an experienced, skilled Development Officer with them.
- Reporting to the Senior Development Executive, the Development Officer is an energetic and ambitious fundraiser who will successfully partner with the development team and volunteer leadership to ensure the success of fundraising events and opportunities throughout the year to benefit Sunrise Day Camp - Pearl River, Rockland County.
- This individual will be responsible for working in coordination with leadership to oversee all details for the annual Golf Outing and Rock the River event.
- Candidate will be responsible for Grant writing, soliciting new opportunities for grants, and maintaining relationships with past organizations who have given grants.
- Candidate will be responsible for coordinating details of three annual summer volunteer days at camp.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage new donors with significant philanthropic capacity via strategic outreach and action steps, including one-on-one discovery meetings and personalized engagement opportunities
- This professional will work to build strong relationships within the local community to build support for Sunrise Day Camp - Pearl River.
- Position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- The Development Officer must feel comfortable public speaking as she/he will be providing tours of the Sunrise Day Camp - Pearl River throughout the summer.
- She/he must be energetic, passionate about our mission and have a wonderful sense of humor.
- This opportunity is primarily a remote position with occasional trips to the Long Island headquarters in Oceanside.
- During camp season, candidate should expect to be at camp regularly for tours and volunteer days.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 3-5 years of effective development experience.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the New York philanthropic community.
- Experience in identifying and developing new markets and opportunities for prospects with significant financial capacity and philanthropic intent.
- Proven ability to translate broad goals and strategies into development programs and activities.
- Experience working with volunteers and lay committees.
- Proven ability in team building skills with both professional and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Experience managing event committees and working with honorees to help them achieve fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and move quickly from one project to another while maintaining overall perspective.
- Demonstrated track record of motivating and energizing others.
- Strong budgeting, strategic planning, and marketing skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a full-time salaried position. Sunrise offers a very competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter (Word documents only, please) to:
Owner / Manager
Management Recruiters – Mid Hudson Valley
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 845-227-3161