Development and Communications AssociateCompany: Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Date Posted: July 10, 2017
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Development and Communications Associate
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Philanthropy
BACKGROUND: The Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley is seeking a qualified Development Associate to help with its day-to-day fundraising and other activities.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Communications and Development Associate is responsible for administrative operations of the development activities of the Community Foundations, including donor cultivation and stewardship activities, donation processing, donor acknowledgment, social media and donor database management.
Salary range is $35,000 to $38,000 plus benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate and updated database of all constituents including donors, prospects, community professionals, vendors and more. Utilizing the database, the [Assistant] will also pull various reports, lists, and mail merges.
- Maintain confidentiality of Foundations affairs in communications, both written and oral, and assure such through appropriate filing and disposal of materials.
- Accurately process donations received to ensure timely tracking, reporting, and acknowledgement.
- Compose correspondence, manage and implement donation acknowledgment process. File acknowledgements and related information. Manage and track registration, donations and related deliverables for special events and corporate sponsorships.
- Facilitate successful execution of special events; including purchase of supplies, managing timelines, managing check-in process.
- Amicably receive and assist visitors or callers to the Foundations; receive and process mail, phone, fax, and email correspondence; provide general information to the public or constituents and refer requests for specific or technical information to staff as appropriate.
- Create and send email and event correspondence using Constant Contact; maintain contacts email lists.
- Manage website content; including updating of text, uploading documents and images, and maintaining up-to-date lists of staff, trustees and advisory board members.
- Manage social media platforms to increase awareness, engagement and conversion across platforms (currently: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter), conforming to the Foundation’s social media policy.
- Create and/or facilitate creation of content for the Foundations blog: The CFHV Guide.
- Issue press releases and maintain/file media placements.
- Record, distribute and maintain records of the Foundation Board of Trustees, including agendas, minutes and other information from meetings.
- Assist the President and other staff as requested.
- Assist with payables and check payments as needed; may include data entry.
- Assist with the annual audit, to include pulling and refiling files.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years of work experience with a nonprofit organization preferred. Experience in related field will be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, donor databases, Constant Contact or similar program, and general office systems.
- Focused attention to detail and accuracy of work is imperative.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and managerial skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills; the ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- A commitment to serve the community with demonstrated professionalism, courtesy, friendliness, consideration and confidentiality.
- Flexible, cooperative and successful within a changing environment and audiences.
- Good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Evidence of dependability and effective work habits.
- Must work as a collaborative and positive team member, willing to assist others as needed.
- Must be available to work outside of regular work hours and days when required. This may include on-site and off-site work.
- Possess a working automobile, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
OFFICE HOURS AND LOCATIONS:
Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 5:00 in Poughkeepsie
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Sally J. Cross
80 Washington Street, #201
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Position will remain open until filled. Both documents are required and applications will not be reviewed if either document is missing. No phone calls please.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY FOUNDATIONS OF THE HUDSON VALLEY
Founded in 1969, Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley holds individual, family, business and nonprofit donor funds, stewards those funds and makes grants out of the earnings. We administer approximately 500 charitable funds and distribute $3 million annually in grants and scholarships to nonprofits and schools in the Hudson Valley and nationally
The Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley is one of more than 750 community foundations in the United States. Community foundations are tax-exempt, nonprofit, autonomous, publicly supported, non-sectarian philanthropic institutions with a long-term goal of building permanent, named component funds established by many donors for the broad-based charitable benefit of a defined geographic area.