Director of DevelopmentCompany: Mill Street Loft & Spark Media Project
Date Posted: April 6, 2017
POSITION PROFILE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
MILL STREET LOFT + SPARK MEDIA PROJECT
POUGHKEEPSIE, NEW YORK
Mill Street Loft and Spark Media Project, two long-established non-profit arts education organizations based in Poughkeepsie, are merging. The organizations have similar missions of using the arts and media as tools to develop workforce skills, life skills, and artistic advancement in participants—primarily underserved youth in the City. They offer both free and tuition-based programming throughout the school year and summer. Current programs include beginner through advanced afterschool arts and media production programs; courses in drawing, painting, filmmaking and sculpting; Dutchess Arts Camps at three locations; an apprenticeship production company; and Arts for Healing workshops. Spark and Mill Street Loft also have several annual events and exhibitions including Friend of the Arts Awards, Reel Expressions International Youth Film Festival, Fall Friendraiser, and Portfolio Day. The combined agency is poised to evolve and extend the unique role it serves in Poughkeepsie and throughout the Hudson Valley as a driving force in the cultural, educational, and artistic community.
We are seeking a Director of Development to work closely with Executive Director, senior staff and Board of Directors in meeting annual fundraising goals, and to represent organization in advancing these goals in the community and with funders.
This is a full-time position offering medical and dental benefits, and others.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Fund Development Committee and senior staff to create a fund development plan
• Develop and manage timelines and activities related to fundraising events and donor campaigns
• Have a strong commitment to identifying and developing new corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
• Build upon relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
• Develop grant proposals to solicit private, corporate and government funding sources
• Work with senior staff on budgeting as necessary for applying for and implementing grant-funded programs
• Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation
• Work with senior staff to ensure development and use of program evaluation tools as a basis for grant reporting
• Manage annual membership program
• Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed
• Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate
• Acknowledge all gifts and donations
• Ensure that sponsors and funders are promoted in organizational literature and social media applications as agreed
• Plan, execute and track sponsorship campaigns targeting area businesses
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for Position
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in development, grant writing and event planning
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Donor Perfect a plus
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to represent organization and build external relationships
• Integrity, and a dedication to the mission of Mill Street Loft + Spark Media Project
To apply: Please email cover letter, resumé, writing sample(s) and references to Employment@MillStreetLoft.org.
No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Learn more about us at MillStreetLoft.org and SparkMediaProject.org.