Food Bank of the Hudson Valley DirectorCompany: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley
Date Posted: March 2, 2017
Food Bank of the Hudson Valley Director
The Director of the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive fund development, community outreach, and public relations program. The Director will assume the leadership role internally and in the community for the Food Bank, and identify and pursue potential sources of funding and other support.
The Food Bank of the Hudson Valley (FBHV) is a branch of the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York which is based in Latham near Albany. It is located at 195 Hudson St., Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY. It collects large donations of food from the food industry and distributes it to food pantries, soup kitchens, and other organizations feeding hungry people in six lower Hudson Valley counties. In 2016, FBHV provided seven million pounds of food and grocery products to more than 400 agencies. It has a staff of 14.
The Director of FBHV will oversee the work of the Development Department. Most of the other staff operate under the supervision of management staff in Latham. The full job description is outlined below. The Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervision Responsibilities: Special Events Coordinator, Development Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and three years related work experience in fund raising, public relations and/or marketing. Strong interpersonal, speaking, writing, computer skills. Supervisory experience. Ability to manage multiple tasks and relate well with the general public. Valid NYS Driver's License.
General Description: Develop and implement a comprehensive fund development, community outreach, and public relations program. Assume the leadership role internally and in the community for the Food Bank. Identify and pursue potential sources of funding and other support. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others to achieve the goals of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Create a fund development plan to increase revenue in collaboration with the Advisory
Board, Executive Director, and staff.
2. Oversee the implementation of all fund development activities for the Food Bank.
3. Monitor and evaluate fundraising activities to ensure goals are being met.
4. Develop new fundraising activities or modify existing programs to meet fundraising goals.
5. Build strong event committees with clearly defined responsibilities for each committee.
6. Identify and develop relationships with individual, corporate, and community prospects to
expand support for the Food Bank.
7. Oversee the administration of the Food Bank’s direct mail program and donor data base.
8. Ensure accurate and timely processing of donations and acknowledgments.
9. Develop and implement a public relations and marketing plan to promote the Food Bank
through media outlets and other means.
10. Identify and build relationships with media contacts.
11. Coordinate the design and printing of marketing and communication materials.
12. Produce an Annual Report and at least two newsletters each year.
13. Make public appearances and do speaking engagements to promote the Food Bank.
14. Recruit and select well-qualified fund development and administrative assistant staff.
15. Supervise the work of the Development Department staff and Administrative Assistant.
16. Engage volunteers for special fund development projects and other related activities.
17. Serve as the liaison with the Regional Food Bank for all Food Bank of the Hudson Valley
human resources and administrative issues.
18. Perform other duties as necessary to meet Food Bank needs.
The Food Bank offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Salary - $65,000
* Full individual health insurance and additional payment toward a family plan
* Individual dental plan
* Contribution to retirement plan
* Long Term Disability Plan
* Term Life Insurance
* Vacation, personal, and sick time
* 11 paid holidays a year
The Food Bank hopes to fill the position by May 16.
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume by March 24 either online or through the mail to:
Regional Food Bank
965 Albany Shaker Rd.
Latham, NY 12110